By all means I will encourage you to do well in your chosen career. But I will equally encourage you to consider starting your own business should it be possible for you.
These are the reasons why it’s a good idea to start your own business:
- The product or service you will be offering answers a need. Today, it is common for us to stay in hotels whenever we go to other places for work, business or leisure reasons. But once upon a time, there were no hotels. And yet people needed a place to stay while they travel for work, business or leisure. And so, we are thankful to those who pioneered the hotel industry as we have benefited from this industry until today.
Other than hotels, consider what life would be like today if we do not have computers. We have benefited from those who conceptualized, manufactured and sold the very first computers. We affirm your business dream if you have a product or service that will answer a need that we have today that is largely unmet.
- You will be providing job opportunities for others. Unlike working as an employee, opening your own business gives you the privilege of hiring others to work in your business, whether big or small. You will be essentially helping others and your country’s unemployment problem if it has one. The family members of those you hired will also benefit from your startup.
- You always dream of starting one but are just afraid to fail. If it has been a consistent, nagging dream of yours to start a business then why not start one? Just consider starting small and build on it. And while doing so get better equipped about it and get mentored. It’s better to try than just be filled with regrets. And if it fails? Consider what you learned from it and move on. You do not have to get stuck in mourning one failure. Consider making a better business venture or go back to the working world. There is no rule that says you can’t try again or you can’t get back to working as an employee if it doesn’t work for you.
- You can earn as much as you like. Unlike the fixed salary you earn from your job, it is up to you how much you can earn as profit from your business. You can set the stakes yourself.
- You have opportunities to do good and mentor others. You can decide to give to churches, mission groups, charities or NGOs part of your profits which will benefit a lot of people in need. It is one way of making a difference not only in your own country or people but in other countries and cultures as well.
As you gain experience and knowledge in your business, you are also in a position of being able to inspire others like Chrissy Weems. More than giving inspiration, you will also be able to actually mentor others, helping them to pursue and accomplish their business dreams.